Kathford International College of Engineering and Management was founded in 2003 AD with a vision to lead and inculcate transformative education culture in Nepal. We aim to provide students with the teaching and learning environment stimulating their curiosity and enabling them to turn their aspiration into a lasting basis for success, social impact, and continuous learning.
Home of over 1200 students, Kathford offers the most sought-after academic programs in Engineering (Civil, Computer, and Electronics Communication and Information), Management (BBA and BBM), and Information Technologies (BSc. CSIT, BCA) in affiliation with Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
Kathford’s academic strategy emphasizes equipping students with knowledge, skills, and values articulated by the University curriculum goal so that they excel in the workplace and society. Top of this, our strong alumni base, who have turned into organization leaders or managers, market leaders and entrepreneurs, and scholars, firmly puts Kathford at the forefront as the best place to study in Nepal.
Position title: Vice-Principal (VP)
|Basic Job Information|
The VP is a senior management position that facilitates the institution towards its vision. This position holder is accountable for ensuring the educational success of the institution and efficient management of resources. S/he supports/leads in the overall management of Kathford’s academic administration and collaborates with Principal, Academic Advisors, Head of Departments, and Section Heads for the smooth management of operations and resources. This is an ambitious and developing role that supports the formulation and implementation of strategy and policy and achieves the strategic objectives of the institution.
- Program design, implementation, and monitoring
- Teaching and learning – physical and virtual settings
- Operations management
- Planning, reporting, and documentation
- Communication and coordination
- External coordination, branding, and representation
- Education: University Masters’ degree in Engineering/Science/IT/Management/Education or equivalent. PhD is an advantage.
- Teaching experience: Minimum 10 years
- Academic administration experience: Minimum 3 years in a similar position in an academic institution(s)/college. Demonstrated leadership and coordination/collaboration experience.
- Core: Strong knowledge of teaching and learning- both in a physical and virtual settings, curriculum, pedagogy, instructional design, academic planning, and faculty supervision.
- Content Knowledge: Good understanding of lesson planning, quality of delivery, college management, student lifecycle, competitor’s activities and government policies in education.
- Leadership: Ability to take initiatives and plan and deliver appropriate activities.
- Personality: Highly enthusiastic and inquisitive personality with positive attitude.
- Management: Excellent time management, people management and resource management skills.
- Communication and Networking: Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking and skill of presentation and delivering interactive sessions with students, teachers and staffs.
- Teamwork: Ability to work with different teams and lead them towards organizational goals as well as different team objectives.
- IT skills: email communication/scheduling, office applications, general cloud applications.
- Branding: Good understanding of online and onsite branding of college.
- Motivation: Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work, commitment to success, and ownership for personal development
- Impact and results orientation: Proactive in problem-solving, mentors in-house team, sets targets and inspires to achieve them.
- Reporting: Skill of scheduled report writing both in concise and detailed form.
The duty station is Balkumari, Lalitpur (inside college premises) with occasional travel and field work.
Salaries and benefits at Kathford are competitive compared to other similar institutions; remuneration is commensurate with credentials and policy.
Gender and Equity Policy:
Kathford abides by equal opportunity policy, and qualified and eligible candidates from all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Applicants shall have to forward their application and recent cv/biodata with the subject: “Application for VicePrincipal” by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc mark to email@example.com
Last date for application: April 9, 2021 (Chaitra 27, 2077)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.